Friday, January 3, 2014

2014 TBR Pile Challenge

Last year, I failed to read all books that I submitted to TBR Pile Challenge 2013, and I felt so sad about it, that's why I join this year again to make things better, I will try my best and I will do it better definitely, thanks to Adam for continue to host this challenge 2014.
 
TBR Pile Challenge always makes me excited because as a reader and someone who always buy books more than my own ability to read all those books, this challenge makes me look back to the pile of books that have been on the shelves for years. Sometimes I surprise myself like "Oww..I have this book and that one and the other one", you see I often forget couple of books on my own shelve, so this is the time to find them again.



And for 2014, here are list of 12 books that I plan to read during 2014 along with the 2 alternate books,
  1. The Historian - Elizabeth Kostova (Indonesian translation)
  2. Great Expectation - Charles Dickens
  3. Kim  - Rudyard Kipling (Indonesian translation)
  4. The Good Earth - Pearl S. Buck (Indonesia translation)
  5. Germinal - Emile Zola
  6. The Hunch Back of Notre Dame - Victor Hugo (Indonesia translation)
  7. Pompeii - Robert Harris (Indonesian translation)
  8. Rahasia Meede - E.S Ito (Indonesian author)
  9. Jungle Book - Rudyard Kipling (Indonesian translation)
  10. The Kite Runner - Khalled Hosseini (Indonesian translation)
  11. Things Fall Apart - Chinua Achebe (Indonesian translation)
  12. Madam Bovary - Gustave Flaubert (Indonesian translation)
Alternates:
  1. The Panderwicks - Jeanne Birdsall (Indonesian translation)
  2. Gulliver's Travel - Jonathan Swift
If you care to join this challenge, you always can find the details master post at Roof Beam Reader.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete